Saturday, September 20, 2008

Personal threats and intimidation

I got the following from someone I assume will be voting in Obama.

After reading your blogs (and practically losing my lunch in the process) you can rest assured this (former) reader of your books will no longer spend a dime on a future novel of yours. Your take on American politics in insulting and without merit. Can't wait to pass along yor ridiculous political comments to the rest of my Book Club members so that they can be just as disappointed in you as I am and I look forward to watching a dip in your Amazon/Borders/Barnes& Noble receipts

I wrote her back: Voting in Obama is the biggest punishment you could give me and my family, so shove your threats.

I hope this will encourage you all to buy my books, if only that this woman can lose her lunch again. Please do this right after you vote for McCain.

2 comments:

DrSavta said...

This type of intimidation and hostility is the earmark of the so-called "liberals." Since when is it "liberal" to threaten others because they disagree. Isn't free speech still in the Constitution? The tactics of the Obama campaign and those who support it give the lie to their caring for others.

Unknown said...

This blog is excellent, a thought-provoking Israeli-American Jewish viewpoint on the election. It's a result of your effective blogging that you'll have emails from someone like that.